Books from our Celebrity Bloggers & SEC
Love our Celebrity Bloggers? You can buy their books! Click on the cover to order.
OK, so Lent Madness got you pumped up about saints now. There are lots of places to read more.
- Butler’s Lives of the Saints is the classic, and it’s in public domain.
- Lesser Feasts and Fasts — another classic that includes readings, collects and brief biographies.
- Holy Women, Holy Men is a collection of biographies and prayers for saints in the calendar of the Episcopal Church — including lots of “trial use” commemorations. Be warned: one of the members of the Lent Madness Executive Committee does not like this book, but you might enjoy it!
- Brightest and Best by Sam Portaro is a companion to the official book of saints in the Episcopal Church.
- Can You Find the Saints? Introducing Your Child to Holy Men and Women is a fun book for kids.
If you want something a bit less silly than Lent Madness to accompany your journey through Lent, Forward Movement (the official sponsor of Lent Madness) publishes a new book of Lent meditations every year. This year’s book is called Disciples on the Way. Experience a Lenten journey that will prepare you to walk throughout your life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Carol Mead reflects on discipleship and the season in these daily meditations for the forty days of Lent.
Forward Movement has other Lent resources too. Spend a fortune shopping here, and at least some of the proceeds will be invested in an even bigger, shinier Lent Madness next year.