Yesterday, we shared some Lent Madness buzz that we noticed on the interwebs. Today we thought we'd share the excitement that's building for Lent Madness in the form of Purple Fever. Make sure you tell all your friends to tune in on Ash Thursday (February 14) to vote in Lent Madness 2013!
Top Ten Signs of Purple Fever
9. Large crowds are forming. We don't know if the guy in front is "blowing up the trumpet in Zion" per the Ash Wednesday readings, or trying to get the crowd to sing the Lent Madness theme music.
6. People have started wearing purple hats to show their enthusiasm for Lent Madness. Others actually wear purple shirts.
2. Archbishop Rowan Williams was such a fan that he not only wore purple, but actually retired as ABC to be master of Magdalene College, named for the winner of the Golden Halo in Lent Madness 2012. Coincidence? Of course not. Here he is pictured greeting the Queen: "Your Majesty, I humbly suggest that you vote regularly in Lent Madness and perhaps wear more purple."
10. Nibbles of Tidbits
9. Washington Post
8. March of Dimes. By the way, they could use some money. Donate.
7. Purple People Bridge, Cincinnati, OH
6. Clerical Whispers
5. Soul Evolution
3. Tower Books
2. Clerical Whispers
1. Flickr user Christopher Matson